{a glimpse into our world}








Friday, December 24, 2010

Ice Skating and {Santa}

We have turned this into a tradition in the Sharp house. We go to Winter Skate in Louisville-- a little outdoor rink in historic downtown. We went last night, Christmas Eve Eve, as I call it.

It was Austin’s first time on the ice. He was with us last year- but he slept the whole time in his infant carrier. This year, he was pulled around the ice by Kyle and I. He liked it at the beginning, but it got old pretty quick. Peyton and Brendan are becoming pretty good skaters. Brendan is a little speedster on ice. Peyton is pretty fast, too. I loved all the Christmas music playing during our skate. Since Kyle is healing from a sprained ankle, he didn’t do any skating. He kept Austin entertained for a bit while the older boys and I skated. We had a lot of fun-- more ice skating memories to treasure.

mama and austinb&wmama and the boysb&wrosey cheeks

After our skate, we went to dinner at Red Robin at Flat Irons Mall in Broomfield-- then went over to see SANTA. I knew it was a long shot to get a good picture of Austin with the big guy, but I wanted to try… I know, I am pushing my luck! We waited for about 45 minutes. Austin was really good in line and Kyle even bought a Mrs. Field’s sugar cookie for Austin as bribery… We are relentless. LOL Well, it didn’t work. We got up to Santa and Austin started a wailing. He wouldn’t even sit in Peyton’s lap NEXT TO Santa. He just cried. This is the picture that we got.

santa

Even though Austin is crying (with the cookie in his mouth, no less!), it is a cute picture. Yes, I bought it. (SUCKA!) After Peyton and Brendan told Santa what they wanted for Christmas, we were walking away and guess who started SMILING at Santa?!? Yup- the little turd! Maybe this means we’ll have better luck next year? ;)

No comments: