{a glimpse into our world}








Saturday, August 20, 2011

A visit from my sister and brother!

Not only did we have a 2nd Birthday party this past Saturday, but my sister and brother in law drove up from Texas- with my nephew and brother in tow! We had so much fun together! They got here Friday night before the party and stayed through Wednesday morning.
My sister insisted on doing "outdoor" things, since Texas has been having really hot Summer days lately. We went on a hike on Sunday- Chautauqua Park in Boulder. What fun! We hiked up to the flatirons and saw an amazing view from the "top". ;) It started raining on us on the way down and man was that refreshing. Despite the rainfall, Austin fell asleep in the backpack! What a crazy kid!
After the hike, we needed refueling. Beaujo's Pizza it is! Paula and JD ordered other plates, but everyone else had the mountain pie! It did NOT disappoint! YUM! After pizza, we headed to Pearl Street Mall. The little boys ran through the splash pad for a bit, we heard a band playing at the courthouse and saw a few random street performers. P & B bought yo-yo's; this occupied their time for the afternoon.
Monday we visited the Denver Zoo. A lot of fun- a little warmer than Sunday...but still nice. We spent a few hours at the zoo then headed over to City Park for a picnic and play time. I got some cute shots of the boys playing, all the cousins together and even a sibling shot of me, Paula and JD. We haven't had a picture together since JD was a lil guy! Very special!
We planned on swimming for Tuesday, but lil D came down with a fever on Monday night, so we settled for some {last minute school} shopping instead. Lil D rested at home with daddy.
I think Kyle and I got Jason, Paula and JD a little addicted to Bean Bag Toss. We played on Saturday after the party and I know a few more times during their stay. It is a fun game! Good Christmas present idea?!
Paula, Jason, Deacon and JD: we had a blast! I'm so happy you all came to visit and I'm looking forward to our next one!! There are still a few places on our list, remember??











No comments: