{a glimpse into our world}








Saturday, August 20, 2011

Austin is {2}!!!

I say this all the time- and it's TRUE! This is going by too fast! I cannot believe that my little bubby is two! We had his party last weekend while my sister and brother in law (nephew and brother, too) were in town visiting. We had a blast- Austin loved it. We had a splash themed Mickey party. Turkey/Italian party subs, chips, mac salad and fruit skewers were on the menu... I attempted to make the cake myself- my own design- and it turned out great! :) I was SO happy!
Austin did great opening his presents. He was ready to rip into the paper. He finally got his bubble mower! ;) He also got a power wheels 4 wheeler from Grandpa and Grandma Sharp. Yay! He {loves} all of his new toys!
Austin was really shy when we sang "happy birthday"- and he didn't want to blow out his candle... Good thing his cousin Deacon was here to help out. LOL.

Some new things that Austin has started doing lately:
- he tries to mimick everything we do/say! It is hilarious!
- he points out all the animals and cars/trucks/airplanes/trains that he sees out his window while we are in the car! ALL of them!
- he does NOT want to sit in his high chair anymore. Really? Our table only seats 4, so this is a problem. I guess we'll be going table shopping soon.
-he is starting to sing along to songs I sing to him. So cute!
- he LOVES books! Especially ones with trucks, motorcycles, etc. Yup- he's all boy!
- he is talking so much more; it's like the gates finally opened.

Austin's well check is on the 23rd, so I will update all his stats then!
**update: Lil A weighs 26 lbs. (35th percentile) and is 33 1/4 inches tall (20th percentile). He's developing very well! Had to get two shots, so that part wasn't fun, but no nasty reactions. All clear until age 3!

{pictures!!!}









hApPy BiRtHdAy, AUSTIN!!! We love you!!!!

No comments: