{a glimpse into our world}








Sunday, January 02, 2011

Buggy’s FiRsT haircut!

We finally did it. He was a little shaggy up top, so off to Cool Cuts for Kids we went. Austin was having so much fun playing in the toy area with the trains and the blocks. I thought, okay this isn’t going to be so bad. He’s going to sit in a cool car and watch a movie during the cut. WRONG! The hair stylist called our name and we walked to the cool yellow taxi. I get Austin seated in there, belted in and the hair stylist gets the little blue cape on him and the tears started flowing. I mean, at least he could have waited for the water sprayer or at the very least, the comb to touch his head. Nope, it was the little blue cape. He was terrified of the thing. A sucker wouldn’t even calm the little guy down… It helped a LITTLE when I started making “vroom vroom” noises and honked the pretend horn on the cool yellow taxi, but the crying continued through the whole cut- with just a few intermissions. It’s like he forgot what he was crying about, so he stopped-- then remembered again and cried even harder. ;) I didn’t even get a good after shot at Cool Cuts because he was wailing so bad. This will be a first haircut never to be forgotten.

almost done...i'm nervousseriously momso mad but finally done!<--- please note that in this picture, daddy is standing as far away as he could possibly be. lol This was Austin’s worst crying episode EVER! He was so mad! As soon as I got him out of the taxi, he was fine (as long as I was holding him!). I hope the next haircut goes a little better. If not, I fear that daddy will be cutting his hair until he turns 18!

After the haircut, we ran some errands and then had an early dinner at Chipotle. Here are the pictures that I snapped from my iphone to send to the grandparents… He’s so handsome, he looks so different now-- with a little haircut. Wow! Our little man!

IMG_1529IMG_1531IMG_1532


2 comments:

Melody said...

He looks so handsome! Brady's hair looks like a mushroom lol! I have got to take him and I am preeeeeetty positive he is going to love it as much as Austin! :) They look so darn cute though!

mary said...

yeah- this age is so cute. Brady is adorable. if he loves it like Austin did, just grin and bare it. ;) it's a quick cut (and the stylists are used to it, they say).