{a glimpse into our world}








Sunday, August 29, 2010

Colorado Air Show, 2010


Saturday August 28, 2010: We went to the Colorado Air Show in Broomfield, CO at the Rocky Mountain Regional Airport. It was a bLaSt. The boys were in heaven- all 4 of 'em! We got to see fighter jets in the sky and up close on the ground. The boys were able to go in a bunch of jets- and they loved it. We got a really cool picture with the Ghost Squadron plane- which served in both the US Navy and the Royal Canadian Navy and is one of 20 still flying today.


The fighter planes that flew during the show were awesome. Holy crap were they FAST and LOUD! The boys were covering their little ears a lot during that show. Austin did pretty good. I had to push his head against me to block one ear and cover the other with my hand. That worked. No crying out of him; he even turned it into a little game. There were a few times that the jets did a fly by- sneaking up on the crowd. A wasn't prepared for this and would slam his head into me and I would cover his other ear really fast. He would pop up after the jet flew by and was all smiles. ;) Funny little guy.

I took some funny pictures of the boys playing around with the army gear there. They had a bunch of different "camps" set up- with machine guns and humvees. Peyton LOVED this part. I think Daddy loved it as much as Peyton, too. Boys!


We also listened to Aaron Tippin sing "kiss this". LOL. I liked it, but Brendan said "This is the worse song I ever heard of".<-- his exact words.


FUn Saturday for the boys. They are looking forward to next years' show already!

No comments: