{a glimpse into our world}








Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day weekend, 5/7 and 5/8

The weather could not have been nicer this weekend! This also happened to be Kyle's last weekend off for a while. We took full advantage!
Saturday we went on a hike in Boulder- Walker Ranch. This was a 2 mile hike and the perfect distance for us right now with Austin still being so young. He was in the carrier {on my back} for 3/4ths of the hike, too. The little guy started out strong, but when he was done, that was it. He sat down on the trail and said "no more". LOL.


We stopped and rested at the water for about 45 minutes. We had lunch and just relaxed. Let me tell you how calming that was- just listening to the sound of the water rushing by. I wished I had a book with me! Peyton & Brendan took their shoes off and played in the COLD water and Austin, well, he didn't feel the need to take his shoes off before entering the water. ;)


I took a really cute picture of the boys while we were at the water. It is one of my {favorites} now.
And this is kind of a favorite, too...{awww}.

And let me just say that Austin and I were the first ones to make it to the finish line- we even beat Brendan!

On Sunday, Mother's Day, we drove up to Evergreen- one of our favorite places in CO- and had a picnic lunch at the park. We had our blanket laid out, our new bean bag game set up and we were right next to the playground and the river- the perfect spot {and a perfect temp. at a cool 74!}.



*these boys can't stay out of the water...;)
Needless to say, we had a pretty fun-filled weekend.
I hope all the Mom's had a great Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Melody said...

What a great post/ pics!! I want to move to CO so bad!

mary said...

It is pretty awesome here. I bet you would love it!