{a glimpse into our world}








Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

I love Nicholas Sparks-- he is one of my favorite authors.
This book was a little different from Sparks' typical love story. Sure, it is a love story, but it started out much differently. It wasn't a "love at first sight" story like most of his books are. This story moved very quickly and it had a somewhat surprising ending.
Katie is new in town- she moves into a small house and works at Ivan's, a local restaurant in South Port. She meets her neighbor, Jo, and starts a friendship. She also meets the local store owner, Alex, who has two kids. Katie learns that his wife died a few years ago and left Alex to raise his kids alone. Katie, on the other hand, doesn't want to tell anyone about herself. She fears that her husband, Kevin, will find her. Kevin is a violent, controlling drunk, who also happens to be a police officer. Katie knows that if he ever finds her, he will kill her. I really hated this control freak!
I listened to this audiobook during my daily commute. A few times I listened while I was on my lunch break, especially at the end. Very good book!
4.5 out of 5 stars and highly recommended.

No comments: