{a glimpse into our world}








Sunday, May 16, 2010

{almost} summertime!


The boys have 3.5 days left of school. I think I'm counting down the days as much as they are! No more helping with homework, packing lunches and laying out clothes...;)
We played hookie and skipped the soccer games this week. It's been 5 weeks straight. The boys needed a break. Two more weeks left of practices and games.
We've been wanting to try out the pool at the rec center for a while and decided to finally go. I know we'll be there a lot this summer so we got resident cards, too. That came with a free day to swim- yay! The pool was nice and it wasn't busy at all- until we left. We picked the right time to go!
It was Austin's first time swimming. He didn't like it at all at first. I really felt bad for keeping him in. But after about 10 minutes, he calmed down and really enjoyed the water (Good thing 'cause I spent $10 on Little Swimmers diapers). I dunked him completely under the water twice and he didn't mind at all! I got some really cute pictures of his first swim...
P and B went down the slide more times than I could count. Peyton was diving to get his toys and Brendan was content just kicking around the pool.
The showering off afterwards was interesting... Austin did NOT like that part. ;)
We watched Avatar {finally, I know} and we all liked it. {well, a few of us had to watch the ending this morning because we fell asleep...not because it was boring but because it was a long movie and we didn't start it until 8:15PM}

No comments: